Monday, February 02, 2009

A Bar Kit "Kit"

GPA-Richmond lost a member of our family last week.

A Bar Kit
15 May 2000 - 29 Jan 2009
A tribute from her owner/mother Joyce Miller:
"Kit was my first greyhound. I contacted Gil to ask him if he thought a greyhound could do dog dancing--and he said Kit would be perfect because she was young and playful. When I went to Richmond to pick her up--I couldn't have agreed more!

She did have a great life! I took her on many vacations with me and to a lot of workshops and seminars on dog dancing. She danced at a number of schools, nursing homes, and hospitals. She was one of only a few greyhounds who did dog dancing. She was on TV once; in a couple of parades and was Miss November 2007 in a greyhound rescue calendar. I painted a painting for the front of our Christmas card every year--and she was my model. She lived a very full life and was never bored--maybe she even did more than a lot of people do! I feel very fortunate to have had her as long as I did. She brought so much joy to me. Not just with all these public events where she was an ambassador for greyhounds everywhere--but just walking her on the beach in search of sea glass; or sitting with her quietly on the couch. I will miss her.

I know she is dancing now on the other side of the Rainbow Bridge--waiting for me with Daisy, Willow and Miz Betsy Rose, my other dogs who have passed."


GPA-Richmond's Board of Directors, volunteers and adopters send their deepest sympathies to Joyce and her family.